Amanda took her first yoga class in 2001 and has been practicing ever since. After moving from Seattle to Austin in 2010, she enrolled in a hatha yoga teacher-training program and soon after completion, she began teaching yoga full-time.
Amanda met her teacher and mentor, Chase Bossart in 2011 and her yoga practice took a turn toward a more gentle and therapeutic approach and her yoga study expanded to embrace the broader teachings of yoga. Yogic philosophy and texts, practices including āsana (postures), prāṇāyāma (breathing techniques), meditation, vedic chanting and the practical application of the tools of yoga for therapy are all a part of Amanda’s ongoing practice and study.
Amanda has over 15 years of personal yoga practice, 2,000+ teaching hours and more than 1,200 hours of yoga training. She has specialized training in yoga therapy and continues her studies with the exceptional faculty and peers of the YATNA yoga therapy training program.
Amanda lives in Austin, TX with her two daughters, husband, and extended family. She paints, dances, and writes about her life and yoga adventures in her weekly blog posts. Amanda offers yoga therapy, small group instruction, workshops and mentoring for yoga teachers and yoga therapists in the Austin area and online.
- Ongoing studies with YATNA Yoga Therapist Training Program –CHASE BOSSART, DOLPHI WERTENBAKER, AMY WHEELER, June 2014-February 2017
- Distilling the Teachings of Patañjali’s Yoga Sūtras — CHASE BOSSART, ongoing
- Yukti in Asana, Course Planning — DANIELLE TARANTOLA, June 2014
- Establishing Balance through Yoga and Ayurveda — ELIZABETH AND CHASE BOSSART, Feb 2014
- Pranayama and Meditation — CHASE BOSSART, July 2012 and July 2013
- Teaching Breathing and Pranayama — CHASE BOSSART, June 2014
- Yoga Anatomy and Breath Training — LESLIE KAMINOFF, Jan 2011 and Jan 2013
- Advanced Yoga for Emotional Healing — GARY KRAFTSOW, November 2011
- Hatha Yoga 200-hr teacher training — YOGA YOGA, July 2011